Job Description – Member Services Intern, AfriLabs
AfriLabs is seeking to hire a Member Services Intern to work in the AfriLabs Member Services Department alongside the Finance Department to ensure community membership fee/subscription compliance. She must be willing to constantly improve her customer service skills (Telephone etiquette) and give quality output while gaining familiarity with the sector AfriLabs plays.
Reports to: Members Services Officer
Coordinates with: Programmes/Operations/Finance/Events/Communications and Member Service Departments.
- They will support the overall Member Services Department to improve the annual subscription fee compliance of the AfriLabs hubs.
- Work alongside the finance team to ensure invoices are sent accordingly.
- Follow up on hubs to sign payment Letters of Authorisation
- Develop engaging strategies to encourage hub compliance.
- Engage hubs at subgroups strategically to ensure that hubs engage with AfriLabs activities, profiling the hubs, defining channels for engagement, and promoting hub activities.
- Provide quality control over their work with the supervision of the Manager or Officer.
- Adhere to all organisational policies in line with achieving departmental goals.
- Implement a seamless tracking platform or system
- Daily update of members’ payment tracker database.
- Monitor and report weekly payment feedback to the supervisor and management staff.
The right person for the role will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Federal University (if Nigerian school) in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or other educational qualification or certification relevant to the role
- Must have a 1st class or Second Class.
- At least 1-year of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of the African innovation, technology and entrepreneurship space.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Should be flexible, hardworking and teachable.
- Telephone etiquette
- Willing to build and maintain relationships with hubs
- Research Skills
- A positive and proactive attitude towards work
- Understanding the non-profit/development sector, including donor relations and management.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond promptly to request
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, verbal and written and capable of listening.
- Ability to pay keen attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks and meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and respond as required.
- Adept with information communications technology (ICT) commonly used in office applications, with advanced knowledge of Google Drive applications and Microsoft Office products.
Location: Pan-African (Remote).
Employment Terms: 3 months contract; 9 am – 5 pm daily; Monday to Friday.
To Apply: Kindly send your CV and Cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
AfriLabs is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022.