AfriLabs is seeking to recruit a Senior Programmes Manager. The Senior Programmes Manager will be responsible for coordinating and managing programmes and projects in their entirety from design to implementation, and supervision of teams working within the projects and department.
- Designing, planning and implementing of programmes as well as proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme – focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards.
- Managing the programme’s budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects.
- Supervising and managing programme teams working on projects.
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Director of Programmes.
- Fulfil other tasks set out by supervisors
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Mathematics, Project Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Professional body affiliation or a field related to the position.
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and additional 5 years of experience in project management may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Certification in project management courses such as CPM, Prince2, PPM and related ISO standards is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the African innovation, technology and entrepreneurship space.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of experience leading major entrepreneurship, technology and innovation grassroots projects.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of adaptive project management techniques like agile, human-centred design, lean impact etc.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Adept with information communications technology (ICT) commonly used in office applications, with advanced knowledge of Google Drive applications, Dropbox and Microsoft Office products.
Location: AfriLabs Secretariat, Abuja – Nigeria
Employment Terms: Full-time role
Working time/days: 9 AM – 5 PM; Monday to Friday.
Terms and Conditions: This is a locally recruited professional position by the AfriLabs Secretariat Nigerian entity and all benefits are denominated and paid in NGN. AfriLabs’ remuneration package includes a salary paid monthly, leave provisions, pension, and health benefits.
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 24th June 2022.