Are you the one we are looking for? Just before you respond! Kindly have a quick read through.
|Job Position||Project Account Officer|
|Reports to||Finance Manager|
|Employment Type||Full- time|
Who are we?
AfriLabs is a network organization and is the largest pan-African network of 400 innovation and technology hubs across 52 African countries.
Job Role & Person- Specification
The project accountant is to provide our project team with accounting support. he/she will be required to report to the finance manager and manage all project budgets, expenses and invoices. His/ her duties will also include reviewing budgets and preparing financial reports for projects.
Successful candidate should possess extensive experience in accounting and the ability to provide the project team with accurate financial information, and prepare reliable financial reports.
- Reporting to the Finance manager and Director of Programmes or other programmes team members as required.
- Reviewing budgets, including staff cost, Indirect Cost, work plans, and activities cost structures.
- Providing programmes team and clients with timely financial reports and budgets, as well as project forecasts.
- Preparing pre-billing reports for the Director of Programmes to review.
- Tracking ALL project costs in line with the budget and receivables.
- Preparing actual costs and tax reports.
- Monitoring receivable income and supporting the project team with collections.
- Issuing invoices and purchase orders, as well as paying consultant, subcontractor, vendor, and supplier bills.
- Ensuring a steady cash flow by generating, auditing, and sending invoices in a timely manner.
- Updating contracts according to client requirements and reporting associated budget amendments.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Communication skills.
- Planning skills.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Ability to prepare project budget, and financial forecasting.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and diligence.
- Good Analytical skills
B.Sc Accounting/ Finance or any related social science field.
Experience & Skills
- At Least 3 years experience working in a similar role in a Non-profit organisation.
- Professional qualifications are an added advantage.
- Certification or a course in Project management.
Location: AfriLabs Secretariat, Abuja- Nigeria. (In Person Position to work physically)
Employment Terms: Full-time role.
Working time/days: 9 AM- 5 PM; Monday to Friday
Working Style: Hybrid work method (some days are compulsory) However, flexible working hours can be arranged upon request.
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 29th January 2023.