AfriLabs is seeking to recruit a Programme Intern. The Programmes Intern will be accountable to support the implementation of all projects assigned by his or her supervisor and are implemented efficiently, successfully and within the agreed terms and timeline of the project.
The Intern will also be expected to assist and work closely with the Programmes team to ensure that they deliver on their objectives and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Properly file all documents on assigned projects.
- Schedule project team meetings as well as meetings with external stakeholders using the organization’s recommended platforms.
- Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Actively support the supervisor to follow up on project tasks and work with the project’s deadlines.
- Follow up with your supervisor in engaging external stakeholders where necessary.
- Document project activities for reporting.
- Perform research at a supervisor’s request.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Federal University (if Nigerian school) in Accounting, Economics or other quantitative disciplines relevant to the position.
- Must have a 1st class or Second Class Upper Division (2.1)
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Must be an NYSC Corper.
- Should be flexible, hardworking and teachable.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, verbal and written and capable of listening.
- Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks, and meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and respond as required.
- Adept with information communications technology (ICT) commonly used in office applications, with knowledge of Google Drive and Microsoft Office products.
Location: AfriLabs Secretariat, Abuja – Nigeria
Employment Terms: Full-time role
Working time/days: 9 AM – 5 PM; Monday to Friday.
Terms and Conditions: This is a locally recruited professional position by the AfriLabs Secretariat Nigerian entity and all benefits are denominated and paid in NGN. AfriLabs’ remuneration package includes a salary paid monthly.
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 27th June 2022.