Are you the one we are looking for? Just before you respond! Kindly have a quick read through.
|Job Position||Operations Intern|
|Reports to||Operations and Procurement Officer|
|Employment Type||Full- time|
Who are we?
AfriLabs is a network organization and is the largest pan-African network of 400 innovation and technology hubs across 52 African countries.
Job Role & Person- Specification
AfriLabs is seeking to recruit an Operations Intern to join our team and support the day-to-day activities of our Operations department. He/she will be responsible for planning, and coordinating employee logistics, support operations to ensure the smooth running of the organisation’s processes.
To be successful in this role, you should have strong analytical and numerical skills with the ability to pay attention to details.
Logistics & Operations;
- Assist with the planning, and organising the activities of the Operations department
- Contributing to the development of Operations department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Developing, revising, and recommending operational policies and procedures.
- Support in the development, updating and filing of all relevant logistics records
- Support physical meetings in the office by providing all necessary items needed for the meeting.
- Participating in administrative/operations staff meetings.
- Maintaining company directory and other organisational charts.
- Assist in the organisation and analysis of RFQ’s for procurement, logistics & transportation services.
- Verify the accuracy of inbound purchase orders and sales orders.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Negotiate rates and costs with vendors.
- Provide logistical support to the department ensuring the smooth running of the Organisation.
- Support in the equipment maintenance requests and office moves.
- Support the department in making all necessary logistics arrangements and travel itineraries whilst preparing and filing travel authorizations.
- Develop and maintain a filing system while organising and scheduling appointments with admin software.
- Plan and provide logistical support for traveling employees.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- A minimum qualification of the first degree in, Administration, Management, Accounting or Business equivalent.
- Good knowledge in logistics management, planning and can manage time.
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices and principles.
- Communication skills. Knowledge of the English language is compulsory in speaking, writing and listening/understanding.
- Should be able to multitask, be flexible, be hardworking and teachable.
- Administrative skills with information communications technology commonly used in office applications such as Microsoft Office programs, Google drive.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and respond as required.
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making
- Prior experience in the role for at least 1 year
- Ability to draft contracts, MoU, and other documents is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the African innovation, technology and entrepreneurship space will be an added advantage.
- An understanding of the non-profit/development sector, including donor relations and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels;
- Strategic thinking, particularly with regard to systems approaches and operational efficiency;
- Strong analytical organisational, coordination and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Ability to find ways of pre-empting and solving problems.
- Willing to resume immediately.
Location: AfriLabs Secretariat, Abuja- Nigeria. (In Person Position to work physically)
Employment Terms: Full-time role.
Working time/days: 9 AM- 5 PM; Monday to Friday
Working Style: Hybrid work method (some days are compulsory) However, flexible working hours can be arranged upon request.
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 29th January 2023.