AfriLabs is seeking to recruit an in-house creative designer to support the communications department in creating engaging and on-brand media (static and motion). They must be willing to constantly improve their technical skills and give quality output at all times while gaining familiarity with the sector AfriLabs plays in.
- Support the overall communications and branding efforts of AfriLabs.
- Design and produce in-house communication collateral.
- Participate in designated projects by supporting media production.
- Design regularly for social media and newsletters.
- Create brand collaterals for AfriLabs, including concept development.
- Work with the communications team to brainstorm for content ideas to improve the overall communications effort of the organisation.
- Provide quality control over your own work.
- Follow best practices with the design and creative team.
- Work with other team members to deliver projects before deadlines.
- Work with 3rd party vendors and agencies to deliver projects.
- Any other related task as assigned by the Communications Manager.
Reports to: Communications Manager
Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- 2 or more years of experience in graphics design, motion graphics and video editing
- Intermediate – Professional skill level in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- An impressive level of familiarity with other design tools in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Good understanding of design thinking to provide quality UX on projects
- Proficient in using video editing software packages, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid and Final Cut Pro
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Creative thinking skills
- A positive and proactive attitude towards work
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, highly organised and able to work to demanding deadlines
Location: AfriLabs Secretariat, Abuja – Nigeria
Employment Terms: Full-time role
Working time/days: 9 AM – 5 PM; Monday to Friday.
Terms and Conditions: This is a locally recruited professional position by the AfriLabs Secretariat Nigerian entity and all benefits are denominated and paid in NGN. AfriLabs’ remuneration package includes a salary paid monthly, leave provisions, pension, and health benefits.
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 25th April 2022.