AfriLabs is seeking to recruit a Bilingual Human Resources & Administrative Officer to join our team and support the day-to-day activities of our Human Resources, and Francophone Engagement departments. He/she will be responsible for processing employee data, updating company policies, assisting in the hiring process and carrying out administrative duties and engaging the AfriLabs Francophone community.
To be successful in this role, you should have solid organisational skills, be familiar with HR functions and be willing to coordinate with all the departments within the organisation.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager.
Coordinates with all departments within the organisation.
Human Resources & Administration
- Planning, organising, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department
- Contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- Creating and revising employee job descriptions.
- Coordinating with the Strategy department to develop, analyse and update the organisation’s evaluation program performance metrics, review process and appraisal system (KPIs).
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and revising the organisation’s handbook on policies and procedures.
- Support the Performance of benefits administration.
- Publication of vacant or new positions for the Organisation, screening of applications, preparing interview assessment documents, scheduling/conducting interviews and recruitments.
- Seeing through the onboarding process; ensuring their payment and insurance plans are set up, as well as following through their probation period to ensure they get every entitlement given to all AfriLabs staff members while conducting new employee orientations and onboarding meetings.
- Manage the development, updating and filing of all employment records
- Staff leave management; ensuring effective and efficient management of staff members leave duration.
- Participating in administrative/operations staff meetings.
- Maintaining company directory and other organisational charts.
- Provides office operations support such as preparing and composing confidential correspondence on own initiative, receiving and screening telephone calls and visitors, and screening and prioritising mails.
- Assist in executing and coordinating meetings, conferences, workshops, training and/or special events while taking detailed minutes.
- Provide logistical support to the department ensuring the smooth running of the Organisation.
- Support the implementation Organisation’s Knowledge Sharing Session (KSS).
- Coordinate building and equipment maintenance requests and office moves.
- Support the department in making all necessary logistics arrangements and travel itineraries whilst preparing and filing travel authorizations.
- Develop and maintain a filing system while organising and scheduling appointments with admin software.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Assist in translating the Organisations correspondences with the supervision of the supervisor such as social media posts and communication materials.
- Render assistance when representing the Organisation with French speaking partners, meetings or events.
- Support the Francophone Engagement Manager in engaging the AfriLabs Francophone community.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
The right person for the role will possess the following:
- A minimum qualification of the first degree in Human Resource, Administration, Management or Business equivalent.
- Degree or certification in French language.
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices and principles.
- Communication skills. Knowledge of the French and English language is compulsory in speaking, writing and listening/understanding (Bilingual).
- Prior experience in the role for at least 3 years
- Knowledge of the African innovation, technology and entrepreneurship space will be an added advantage.
- An understanding of the non-profit/development sector, including donor relations and management.
- Should be able to multitask, be flexible, be hardworking and teachable.
- Administrative skills with information communications technology commonly used in office applications such as Microsoft Office programs, Google drive.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and respond as required.
- Skill in problem solving and decision-making
- Ability to draft contracts, MoU, concept notes and other documents is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels;
- Strategic thinking, particularly with regard to systems approaches and organisational development;
- Strong analytical organisational, coordination and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Ability to find ways of pre-empting and solving problems.
- Willing to resume immediately
Location: Abuja – Nigeria
Employment Terms: Full time; 9am – 5pm daily; Monday to Friday.
To Apply: Kindly send your CV and Cover letter as one document to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
AfriLabs is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 18 September 2022.